DONATE NOW TO PROTECT VICTIMS' RIGHTS AND PUBLIC SAFETY
- In 2011, elected to represent the State of California on the National District Attorneys Association Board of Directors (NDAA)
- In July 2016, elected President of NDAA (Served one year term from 2016-17)
- Currently serving as chair of NDAA’s Committee for Corrections and Prison Re-entry
- M.A.D.D. Prosecutor of the Year Award (1998)
- Inland Empire Hispanic Image Awards recipient for Influential Latino of the Year (2005)
- Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology from the University of California in Riverside in 1980
- Began government service in 1980 as a group counselor with the Probation Department and then later became a Probation Officer
- Appointed to Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board January 2004 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Served from 2004-2018.
- Former President of the California District Attorneys Association
- Redlands school board member from 1995 – 2002
- Appointed by Governor Jerry Brown in 2011 to the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission (POST)
- Earned Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Citrus Belt Law School in Riverside in 1988
- Started career with the District Attorney’s Office in June 1989 as a Deputy District Attorney. After working in general prosecution and the narcotics unit, served with the Major Crimes Unit for four years.